The final trailer for Justice League has arrived and there’s not much else new to it. If you’ve seen other trailers, it’s just really expanded sequences. Honestly, I still don’t even know what this movie is about. It looks to be a simple invasion movie, which might work best with all the characters in the movie. But here we go:
- Superman is back! Well sort of. Everyone knows that Superman will be back in this film but the trailer finally gives something to chew on. Of course it is presented as a dream sequence for the grieving Lois Lane. But what if this is not a dream sequence but actually the end of the movie?
- The beginning of the trailer deals with the continuing repercussions from the “death” of Superman. Crime and various other bad things throughout the world have gone out of control.
- More narration from Bruce Wayne/Batman about his nightmare from Batman v. Superman and how he foresaw the end of the world
- There is a flashback to an ancient battle with the forces of Apokolips fighting the Amazons along with other forces from Earth. It looks like the goal is to terraform the Earth into another Apokolips.
- Batman and Wonder Woman look to be the leaders of the team or at the very least the lynchpins
- Various soundbites play about how none of the members can do what they do alone and they’re stronger together. There are quick shots of each of the heroes doing their thing. The world needs Superman.
- Throughout we see the various members of the Justice League (minus Superman) in various action scenes, many with the members confronting Steppenwolf himself.
- Again we never get a clear shot of Steppenwolf. Only quick glimpses. Though Steppenwolf is a CG character, I’m at least glad there is threat that the team has to fight. Not just an army of goons but there is a figurehead there that can talk to them.
- The final scene is really just a scene about how giddy Barry Allen is to be teaming up with Bruce Wayne as he spots the Bat-signal in the sky.
Overall, it was a decent trailer. I’m already set in my ways to see the movie. I was genuinely shocked to see Clark Kent/Superman show up. But since it was presumably a dream sequence, they can have their cake and eat it too. But solid trailer and not to quote the tagline but I’m all in.